IBSS Post-Graduate Programs
MBA in General Management
The program gives students a total of 48 credits to be completed in either 12 months of full time study or in 2 years of part time study.
The program consists of 10 Professional Modules in addition to a Final Thesis.
The General MBA program offered by IBSS prepares students to lead and succeed in today’s complex business environment.
The General MBA program is for students or employees who want to boost and excel their career. It is set up to move current careers forward with the gained knowledge and skills.
IBSS selects teachers with high academic backgrounds relevant to subjects they teach. The teaching pedagogy adopted by IBSS for the General MBA program is the experiential learning approach that relies on the use of case studies and problem based assignment materials which develops students’ knowledge, analytical thinking and decision making process.
The teaching methods are conducted as blended learning courses which combine teaching online, or supported using study guides with self-paced online learning. The online self-paced learning components of the program give students the flexibility they need to be able to meet the requirements of both their jobs and their studying at the same time. The sessions provide the interaction with the teacher and other students needed to avoid feeling isolated from their learning environment.
Upon the completion of IBSS General MBA program, students should be:
- Knowledgeable of the context and aware of the dynamics of organizational functioning.
- Skilled with current knowledge and relevant analytical tools to carry out managerial duties in business organizations.
- Competent and effective decision makers in solving practical issues in the globalized business environment.
- Able to communicate well
- Capable of handling enhanced duties to seize greater opportunities and advance careers to higher management positions.
- Adequately exposed to international business and collaborations.
DBA in General Management
The program gives students a total of 62 credits to be completed in either 24 months of full time study or in 3 years of part time study.
The program consists of 10 Professional Modules in addition to a Final Dissertation.
The Doctorate of Business Administration program is designed to target graduates who want to enhance their professional practice in managerial relevant contexts.
The goal of DBA is to get students to be prepared to enjoy confidence and ability to understand, comprehend and carry out relevant research related to problems faced by business organizations, to become motivated, independent, knowledgeable enough for ceasing senior positions in international organizations.
At the end of the program, students should be able to:
- Understand the context, the functions they are expected to perform, the roles they are expected to play and the contributions they are expected to make as researchers and scholars with high moral values and integrity.
- Apply the knowledge they gained in carrying out a systematic and a proper academic and applied research. This is demonstrated by systematic comprehension and profound knowledge of the discipline and the acquisition of research methods related to the field of study.
- Become researchers who are;
- Able to carry out independent research that demonstrates scholarly understanding of the process of defining research problems, designs and adoption of appropriate and relevant methodologies relevant to a specific research situation.
- Critical in their thinking, measured in their approach and scholarly in their analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
- Creative, resourceful, able to work with peers, scholarly communities and society at large in their field of expertise.
- Able to communicate effectively and prepare scholarly papers.
- Responding to their operating environment, the ethical issues involved and to the factors that can enhance the effectiveness of their work as researchers
- Responsible, ethical and committed to the promotion of good behavior and deeds that meet professional standard and organizational demands and societal expectations.